July 14, 2013

July Update!


What a wet Summer we have. It's been Great for my flowers, for they have been bursting with blooms. I managed to take a few photos, and even got pics of a few visitors too....


The Bees have been busy pollinating. They love my Rose of Sharon


Even our Neighbor's Honey Bees visit daily.


Our 1st Butterfly on my New Butterfly Bush!!



I've really enjoyed the Hummers this year too.
Sorry about the pic, taken thru my kitchen window.

Now on to Stitchin.......


I started the Autumn Quilt by Stoney Creek.
Only got the grid / block outline done so far.


I've had this chart in my stash for about 10yrs. All kitted and ready to go.
I finally got around to starting it. It has lots and lots of Backstitching....
I mean, EVERYTHING is Backstitched...
so, I've been trying to BS as I go with this design. so far so good!


Love all the colors in this design, and the bunnies too!!


The snowman was designed by Krisyanne Ross.
I changed the scarf threads, for I didn't have what was called for on hand.

and I'm sticking to my challenge of no STASH buying this year!!!!


My 1st Blackwork project is a Comastitch design. I couldn't decide on threads 
( Libras have decision problems... LOL) so,
I picked out the Owl fabric from my stash and let it dictate the threads.
The fabric is from JoAnn's Fabrics. I plan to make DH a fabric Valentine Card.
 I don't have much time to stitch during tax season, so I thought it was a good time to get ahead.

Be sure to click on the Stitcher's Gallery Tab at the top of the page. I've added a few more pics of my designs stitched by some Awesome stitchers......
Also, check out the Stash for Sale tab, for I have added a couple more leaflets.
and the July Freebie Challenge is in the Freebie Tab. Looking forward to seeing your next finishes!

Until next time, 
HAPPY STITCHIN!!!!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello

Just found your blog.
Your stitching is beautiful, especially the blackwork owl.
I hope you have a good week (:

Precious Crafts said...

Nice shot of the bee in the Rose of Sharon. Wow, you're already starting on your Valentine card?!! I really must learn from you. Cute designs! :D