April 10, 2013

Spring has arrived in the South. My largest Dogwood has already began to bloom, along with my Thorn less Rose and Thrift. Just look at all the blooms in my back yard....
DH and I cut down a tree from our front yard that was all but dead. While stacking the wood, I pinched my finger between the wood and this is how it looked...

 Although I was in severe pain for a few days, thank goodness it healed quickly, and I didn't lose my nail. It did hinder my stitching for about a week, but I do have a few finishes to share......

This is Stoney Creek - Spring Quilt. I have all the Xstitch done. Now on to all the back stitching. There is 4 seasons in the series, and each measures 8x10. I plan to stitch them all this year, and frame them to hang in my living room.
I have a couple small finishes also, from The Woodland Baby series / Cathy Jean designer

Woodland Baby Bunny


Woodland Baby Chipmunk

I have 2 more to do in this series, and plan to stitch Woodland Babies #2 also. I will be finishing them in tart tins to hang as ornies as shown in JCS 2011 Christmas issue.

I hope to get more stitching done b-4 my next update. Monday is the end of Tax Season, so more time for stitchin.

Be sure to check the Freebie Tab for this month's Freebie Challenge.

Enjoy! & Happy Stitchin!




2 comments:

Berly said...

The dogwood is beautiful! Too bad about your finger!

Karen said...

Our dogwoods have really come on the last 2 days - I took some pictures on Tuesday, but haven't pulled them off yet... Ouch on the finger, but it can't have slowed you down too much, since you're so quick anyway :) Beautriful finishes, and that SC will be AMAZINg with the bs in it!